About the IEEE EMBC 2010 Conference
Almost ten years ago, the Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS) of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) hosted its Annual International Conference (EMBC 2010), in Buenos Aires, Argentina. As Conference Chair, Dr. Ricardo Armentano actively promoted the participation of multidisciplinary guest lecturers and fostered collaboration between IEEE members. For the first time, an IEEE EMBS
conference was held in the southern hemisphere, providing a unique occasion to interact with colleagues from all over the world, and comprising an outstanding spectrum of more than 1900 research papers from sixty-five countries. EMBC 2010 conference theme was “Merging Medical Humanism and Technology”, a tribute to Dr. René Favaloro life work.
The opening lecture by professor Luis Kun “Merging Medical Humanism and Technology: A Holistic view of Humanity’s Needs”, clearly reflected that idea.
Support and Sponsorships
• Association of Institutions of Medical Diagnosis (CA.DI.ME)
• Fundación Instituto para el Desarrollo Productivo y Tecnológico Empresarial de la Argentina (DPT)
• Group of Resarch and Development in Bioengineering (GIBIO)
• International Federation for Medical and Biological Engineering (IFMBE)
• Latin American Regional Council on Biomedical Engineering (CORAL)
• Argentine Society of Bioengineering (SABI)
• Universidad Nacional Arturo Jauretche
• IEEE Society for Social Implications of Technology
• IEEE Computer Society
• IEEE Technical Committee of Cardiopulmonary Systems
• IEEE EMBS Region 9